Future Pathways encourages students of all year levels to purposefully develop a pathway towards study and employment in their life beyond school.
Career advice, Vocational Education and Training (VET) options, subject counselling, tertiary studies counselling and working in partnership between a student, their family, the College and external partners are all part of the Future Pathways process. We aim to nurture each student’s unique gifts as is our College mission. Working to establish Future Pathways opportunities fulfils this mission, as we support students as they navigate their own individual pathway.
- Our Vocational Education and Training (VET) program supports students to undertake career-specific training while they are enrolled in formal secondary education, equipping students for the workforce while gaining SACE credits to support the completion of this formal secondary schooling. Vocational Education and Training (VET) can prepare students for a world that needs problem solvers, critical thinkers, communicators… people who have practical experience and industry exposure.
- A growing number of students are undertaking university studies in Year 12, particularly thought the Headstart and Extension Studies programs offered by Adelaide and Flinders Universities, respectively. These programs do have some rigorous application criteria, however, many Cabra students are willing and able to challenge themselves to success in a tertiary learning space, whilst still at school completing the remainder of their Stage 2 studies.
- We host an annual Future Pathways + Subjects Expo where families can meet industry experts, University liaison officers and Cabra Leaders of Learning and learn about the SACE as well as tertiary and pathway opportunities
The Future Pathways office also provides support through:
- Career-profiling to help students explore their personal qualities and their interests
- School-based apprenticeships and traineeships
- Resume preparation and casual and part-time job application
- Careers advice
At Cabra, we continue to support our students to understand their own unique gifts and how they can use them to benefit themselves and their community, opening their minds to the future of work, and to fulfil our mission of being active and contributing co-creators of the world we live in.
THE FUTURE PATHWAYS OFFICE
Contact Marie Ellul, Future Pathways Coordinator, or Toula Hremias for all information regarding Future Pathways at firstname.lastname@example.org
read Recent Future Pathways newsletterS here
UPCOMING EMPLOYMENT, VET & POST SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
There are always a number of opportunities for students to apply for employment, VET and post-school ventures.
- To read the current STUDY WORK GROW newsletter, please CLICK HERE
- For further information on upcoming VET and post school opportunities, check below